Restaurants and Shops

Local Food & Beverages

The region of Bamberg is characterized by an extraordinary culinary diversity with everything from fresh seasonal vegetables, fish and meat to its many beer specialties from numerous local breweries. In this context, Bamberg is best known for its aromatic smoked beer, which is brewed by the historic brewery Schlenkerla since 1678. More than 1000 years ago, long before Bamberg became famous for its beer, the region already had a large number of wine-growing areas and is still well-known for its many good wineries.

Below you will find a selection of restaurants nearby the conference venue.

Restaurant Opening Hours Distance to Conference Venue Kitchen

Plückers
(Mußstr. 7, 96047 Bamberg)

Daily 16:00 – 0:00 Conference Hotel Franconian/International
Schlenkerla
(Dominikanerstr. 6, 96049 Bamberg)
Daily 9:30 – 23:30 1000 m Franconian/German
Restaurant Eckerts
(Obere Mühlbrücke 9, 96049 Bamberg)
Daily 7:00 – 24:00 1600 m Franconian/German
Brudermühle
(Schranne 1, 96049 Bamberg)
Daily 7:00 – 24:00 1200 m Franconian/German
Little Italy
(Pfahlplätzchen 4, 96049 Bamberg)
Daily 17:00 – 1:00 1200 m Italian
Brasserie
(Pfahlplätzchen 4, 96049 Bamberg)
Mon – Fri 17:30 – 1:00 Sat – Sun 11:30 – 1:00 1200 m International

 

Shops & Market

The pedestrian zone in the center of Bamberg impresses with a diverse mix of modern fashion houses and small boutiques and specialty shops. Several souvenir and gift shops can be found in the district between the cathedral and the left arm of the river Regnitz.

Shop Opening Hours Distance to Conference Venue
Heinrich Manger OHG
(Dominikanerstr. 7, 96049 Bamberg)
Daily 10:00 – 18:00 1100 m
Alte Hofhaltung
(Domplatz 7, 96047 Bamberg)
Daily 9:00 – 18:00 1200 m
Papeterie im Sand
(Obere Sandstr. 14, 96049 Bamberg)
Mon – Fri 10:00 – 18:00 Sat – Sun 11:00 – 16:30 1200 m
Käthe Wohlfahrt
(Karolinenstr. 5, 96049 Bamberg)
Mon – Sat 10:00 – 18:30 1100 m

 

The market in Bamberg’s pedestrian zone offers fruit and vegetables from the region and from all over the world from Mondays to Saturdays between 7:00 and 18:00. The market has its origins in the 11th century, when the local farmers sold their products to the citizens, the craftsmen and the bishop’s entourage straight from the fields within the city boundaries, now known as the Market Gardeners’ District.